23/07/18 Urban Legend (1998) receiving new collectors edition Blu Ray, courtesy of Scream Factory
Yep, and how awesome is that cover art!?
This was announced by Scream Factory on 23/07/18 and so far there is little known about what extras are going to be included in the collectors edition. What we do know though is that it will be released exclusively in the US and Canada (sorry UK fans), is a 2 disc edition and will include an exclusive poster.
Its high time this classic 90’s slasher received the release it truly deserves and is sure to be popular with collectors, you can pre order here.
Other upcoming titles announced by Scream Factory include Urban Legend 2 (2000) Blu Ray, Candyman (1992) Blu Ray, Sleepwalkers (1992) Blu Ray and Saturday the 14th (1981) Blu ray.
14/07/2018 Candyman (1992) receiving new limited edition Steelbook Blu Ray courtesy of Arrow Video
Great news for UK slasher fans as Arrow Video have announced a new limited edition steelbook Blu Ray of the classic Candyman (1992).
Although Candyman is already available on Blu Ray this new edition from Arrow is jammed packed with extra goodies such as –
• Brand new 2K restoration from a new 4k scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
• 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
• Optional English subtitles
• Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
• 6 Lobby Card reproductions
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
• Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose
• Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
• Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
• Be My Victim – a brand new interview with Tony Todd
• It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen
• The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
• Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
• A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
• Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
• Theatrical Trailer
• Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)
(courtesy of arrowfilms.com)
Available for pre order now and due to be released on 29/10/18, thank you Arrow we cannot wait! https://amzn.to/2NOup1w
This will sell out fast fans, you can preorder now here.
Clownhouse is 1989 slasher movie directed by Victor Salva (Jeepers Creepers) and released by MGM. The story centers on three escaped maniacs dressed as clowns who terrorize three young brothers who are home alone.
A hidden gem among slashers of the 80’s, Clownhouse was a sleeper hit when released on 01/06/1989 and received some favorable reviews from critics and was even nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 1989 Sundance Film Festival.
Its popularity was short lived however when it was revealed that director Salva had molested 14 year old star Nathan Forest Winters during production. Salva was convicted and served 15 months of a three year prison term and Clownhouse quickly fell into obscurity. It was however released on VHS and laser disc in 1990 –
On official US Region 1 DVD was then released in 2003 by MGM but was quickly pulled from retailers due to protests surrounding the movies controversy making the DVD now extremely rare and highly sought after by slasher fans.
With companies such as Arrow Video and 88 Films constantly releasing Blu Rays of slasher favorites such as Madman, Tourist Trap and other controversial titles from the 80’s such as Silent Night, Deadly Night, it is a wonder as to why Clownhouse hasn’t gotten the same treatment. After nearly 30 years since its release will the same protests ensue if a new special edition blu ray were to be announced? Who knows, but its becoming increasingly clear that no company is willing to take that risk.
08/06/18 update: Michael is back! Full trailer released, check it out below:
So it finally dropped, was it worth the wait? Yes I think so.
The trailer quickly became viral and was trending pretty much everywhere including Number 1 on Youtube for 2 days straight with over 7.5 million views at the time of this writing. Combine this with the overwhelmingly positive reviews from the mast majority of the web, I don’t think even Universal and Blumhouse Pictures could have hoped for a better reaction.
07/06/18 Update: Trailer teaser released, full trailer tomorrow! Check it out below:
02/06/18 by slasherpedia
Credit: Universal Pictures